- Born: 25 Oct 1837, St. Joseph, Berrien County, MIchigan
- Marriage: Charles C. Snuffin on 10 Sep 1857 in Mills County, Iowa
- Died: 13 Oct 1912, Glenwood, Mills County, Iowa at age 74
- Buried: Glenwood Cemetery, Glenwood, Mills County, Iowa
Noted events in her life were:
• Census, 1850, MIchigan, St. Joseph County, Fabius Township, Image 8 of 12. Age 12 yrs.
• Obituary: Mills County Tribune, 17 Oct 1912, Mills County, Iowa. Born in St. Joseph, Michigan, the daughter of Josiah and Julia Arnold Farrar. She married Charles Snuffin and they had 11 children.
Mills County Tribune
October 17, 1912
Mrs. C.C. Snuffin
The funeral of Mrs. C.C. Snuffin, who died at her home in Glenwood, Sunday, Oct. 13, was held from the Christian church Tuesday, October 15, Rev. W.N. Graves officiating.
Many flowers, the last remembrances from the Christian Endeavor society and the Christian church decorated the casket.
Miss Amelia Farrar was born near St. Joseph, Mich., Oct 25, 1837. She came to Coonsville, now Glenwood, with her parents and Sept. 10, 1857, was married to C.C. Snuffin.
Eleven children were born. Three died while quite young. The eight children living are William, Herbert, Paul, Mrs. G.S. Edmunds and Mrs. Edward Wright, all of Glenwood, A.C. Snuffin of Denver, A.I. Snuffin of Council Bluffs, Mrs. Emmett Stanley of Oakland, Cal., E.E. Snuffin, the husband, also survives her. There are eleven grandchildren and one great grandchild, Laverne Crouch, who was raised by Mrs. Snuffin, his mother being dead.
Mrs. Snuffin was a dear mother and a loving and faithful wife. Her wide circle of friends are saddened by her death.
Card of Thanks\emdash We wish to sincerely thank the neighbors and friends who so kindly assisted us during the sickness and death of our wife and mother and especially those who contributed flowers as a last remembrance.
Amelia married Charles C. Snuffin on 10 Sep 1857 in Mills County, Iowa. (Charles C. Snuffin was born on 19 Jul 1836 in Ohio, died on 1 Mar 1921 in Mills County, Iowa and was buried in Glenwood Cemetery, Glenwood, Mills County, Iowa.)