Hazel Ellen Brandis
- Born: 8 Jul 1906, Denver, Adams County, Colorado
- Died: 1 Oct 2000, Fort Collins, Larimer County, Colorado at age 94
- Buried: Plot: G E 136 3, Grandview Cemetery, Fort Collins, Larimer County, Colorado
Noted events in her life were:
• Census, 1920, Colorado, Larimer County, Laporte, District 145, Image 8 of 13. Granddaughter, age 13 yrs.
• Census, 1930, Colorado, Larimer County, Laporte, District 7, Image 3 of 16. Age 23 yrs., single, oiler, cement plant.
• Obituary: FORT COLLINS COLORADOAN, TUESDAY OCTOBER 3, 2000. Hazel E. Kern, 94, died Sunday, October 1, 2000 at good Samaritan Retirement village. A funeral will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the Allnutt Funeral Service, Drake Road. Internment will be at Grandview Cemetery. Hazel Ellen Brandis was born July 8, 1906 in Denver to Oscar Brandis and Jessie Farrar Brandis. She lived inLaPorte from 1915 to 1926. She graduated from Cache la Poudre School in 1926 and attended the Fort collins Business college. During World War II she worked for the Bureau of Mines in Rapid City, S.D. She married Phillip B. Kern on Aug.16, 1964 in Fort Collins. She did secretarial work for several business firms in Fort collins and was employed by Colorado State University as a secretary in entomology department from 1947 to 1969.
She enjoyed crafts, genealogy, photography and reading. She was a member of the First Presbyterian church and was active in many activities connected with the church. She was also a member of the Pioneer Association and the Aspen club. She was past president of the Business and Professional Woman's Club and was named Miss colorado Business and Professional woman for 1955. She was also past president of the National Secretaries Association.
Survivors include one stepson David E. Kern of Sheridan, Wyo.; nine stepgrandchildren and six stepgreat-grandchildren. Her husband preceded her in death. Memorial contributions may be made to the building Fund of First Presbyterian Church or the Alzheimer's Foundation in care of Allnutt."