Herman Donald Luce
- Born: 2 Oct 1925, McCook, Red Willow County, Nebraska
- Marriage (1): Thelma Betty Rickman on 11 Jan 1947 in Boone, Arkansas
- Marriage (2): Emma Lee "June" Smith on 14 Jun 1978 in Ventura, Ventura County, California
- Died: 25 Jan 2013, Oxnard, Ventura County, California at age 87
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1930, Colorado, Alamosa County, Star, District 15, Image 2 of 12. Age 4 6/12 yr.
• Census, 1940, Missouri, Taney County, Branson Township, Image 2 of 28. Age 14 yrs., elementary school, 8th grade.
• Obituary: Ventura County Star, 7 Feb 2013, Ventura, Ventura County, California. Herman D. Luce of Oxnard passed away at the age of 87 on January 25, 2013. He was a resident of the Oxnard area for over 33 years. Herman was born to Earl D. and Vera Luce on October 2, 1925, in McCook, Neb. He enlisted in the Army Air Corp in 1943.After serving 20 years he retired from United States Air Force in 1968. After moving to the Oxnard area he drove charter busses for the West Way Lines for 15 years, and drove new cars to storage lots for PVP up until 2008. Herman enjoyed reading, listening to country and western music, and gardening. He was a member of the Ventura Elks Lodge #1430. He and his wife, June, were members of several square dance clubs, including The Rambling Squares Camping Club.
Mr. Luce is survived by daughter and son-in-law, Deloris (DeeDee) and Kenneth Stamps; three grandchildren; two great-grandsons; four stepchildren, Duane, Chuck and Bobby Thompson, and Ellen Truver; two sisters, Judy Deckard and Alice Hilton. He was preceded in death by his parents, wives, two brothers, and a sister.
A Celebration of Life will be held at 2 p.m. on Saturday, February 9, 2013, at the Ventura Elks Lodge #1430, 2126 Knoll Drive, Ventura, Calif. 93003.
Herman married Thelma Betty Rickman on 11 Jan 1947 in Boone, Arkansas. (Thelma Betty Rickman was born on 14 Mar 1924 in Missouri and died on 27 Apr 1993 in Fresno, Fresno County, California.)
Herman next married Emma Lee "June" Smith on 14 Jun 1978 in Ventura, Ventura County, California. (Emma Lee "June" Smith was born on 16 Jun 1930 in Ventura, Ventura County, California, died on 12 Dec 2003 in Oxnard, Ventura County, California and was buried in Lompoc Evergreen Cemetery, Lompoc, Santa Barbara County, California.)