- Born: 24 Jun 1914, Daniel, Wasatch County, Utah
- Marriage: Paul McKnight on 16 Jan 1936 in Utah County, Utah
- Died: 17 Jan 1997, Heber City, Wasatch County, Utah at age 82
- Buried: Plot: B_139_6, Heber City Cemetery, Heber City, Wasatch County, Utah
Noted events in her life were:
• Obituary, 19 Jan 1997, Desert News. Deon McKnight, age 82, passed away January 17, 1997, at the Rocky Mountain Care Center, in Heber City.
She was born June 24, 1914 to Leo Smith and Nancy Ella Shelton, in Daniel, Utah. Deon married Paul McKnight January 16, 1936, and he preceeded her in death in March 1962.
During her life, she worked at Forsey Variety, Glade's Variety, Madsen's Cleaners. She was an active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints. She served in the Primary, Young Womens, and as the Jr. Sunday School Coordinator for many years, also she served as Stake Coordinator. She was the one that suggested Jr. Sunday School for Stake Conferences.
She will be remembered for her kindness and love for everyone.
She is proceeded in death by: her husband; her parents; two brothers Earl and Dean; and one sister Delsa.
She is survived by her children: Boyd (Sharon) McKnight, Annette (LaMar) Kelly, Robert (Rhoda) McKnight all of Heber City, and Linda McKnight of Salt Lake City, Utah; three sisters; Eva (Dick) Lefler of Woodland, Nola (Bernell) Luke of Heber City, Nyle Bird of Salt Lake City; one brother, Jay Smith of Heber City. She had 19 grandchildren, 32 great-grandchildren, and one great-great-grandchild.
Deon married Paul McKnight, son of Robert McKnight and Emma Fredricka Johnson, on 16 Jan 1936 in Utah County, Utah. (Paul McKnight was born on 18 Sep 1905 in Heber City, Wasatch County, Utah, died on 22 Mar 1962 in Heber City, Wasatch County, Utah and was buried in Heber City Cemetery, Heber City, Wasatch County, Utah.)