Hilda Johanna Bloomstrom
- Born: 12 Jul 1862, Brunsberg, Vermland, Sweden
- Marriage: George Homer Fuqua on 18 Feb 1886 in Holdredge, Phelps County, Nebraska
- Died: 4 Apr 1934, Holdredge, Phelps County, Nebraska at age 71
- Buried: Prarie Home Cemetery, Holdredge, Phelps County, Nebraska, Plot: A 87
Noted events in her life were:
• Immigration: to the United States, 1870, Jacksonville, Illinois with parents.
• Census, 1885, Nebraska State Census, Phelps County, Centre Township, Image 179 of 477. Age 22 yrs., single.
• Census, 1910, Nebraska, Phelps County, Sheridan Township, Roll 853 Book 1, Page 24b. Age 47 yrs., married 24 yrs., mother of 2 children, 2 living.
• Census, 1930, Nebraska, Phelps County, Sheridan Township, Holdredge City, Image 19 of 38. Age 67 yrs. age of first marriage: 23 yrs.
• Obituary, 5 Apr 1934, Holdredge, Phelps County, Nebraska. MRS. HOMER FUQUA BURIED YESTERDAY
Member of Congregational Church in Early Days of Holdrege Life
Last rites for Mrs. Homer Fuqua, one of the members of the Congregational church in Holdrege in the early days, were held Thursday afternoon at the Nelson funeral home.
Rev. H. G. Rodine, pastor of the Evangelical church officiated, assisted by Rev. Harry Hansen, pastor of the Presbyterian Church. Interment was at the Prairie Home Cemetery.
Hilda Johanna Blomstrom was born July 12, 1862, in Brunsberg, Vermland, Sweden. She came to America with her parents in 1870 and they located in Jacksonville, Illinois, living nine years in that state.
She was confirmed in the Swedish Lutheran church, April 15, 1877, at Moline, Illinois. In 1899 she came to Nebraska with her father and the other children, her mother having died in 1870.
On February 18, 1886 she was united in marriage to Homer Fuqua. To this union a son and a daughter were born. Leonard C. Fuqua of Seward and Mrs. Clara Ingebrentsen of Holdrege.
She was a member of the Holdrege Congregational church for a number of years until that church closed. Through all the adversities of pioneer life as well as through several years of ill health, she kept her faith.
She passed away April 3, 1934, at the age of 71 years, 8 months and 21days. She is survived by her husband, son and daughter and a brother, Charles C. Blomstrom of Trenton, Nebraska.
Hilda married George Homer Fuqua, son of Samuel Curtis Fuqua and Margaret Jane Lee, on 18 Feb 1886 in Holdredge, Phelps County, Nebraska. (George Homer Fuqua was born on 18 Nov 1860 in Loveland, Pottawattamie County, Iowa, died on 8 Feb 1949 in Holdrege, Phelps County, Nebraska and was buried on 10 Feb 1949 in Prarie Home Cemetery, Holdredge, Phelps County Nebraska.)