Sir George Throckmorton
- Born: 1480, Warwickshire, England
- Marriage: Anna Katherine Vaux
- Died: 6 Aug 1552, Warwickshire, England at age 72
- Buried: Coughton, St. Peter Churchyard, Coughton, Warwickshire, England
Noted events in his life were:
• General History. Knight of Coughton, Warwickshire. Sheriff of Warwickshire and Leicestershire, High Steward of Evesham Abbey, Esquire to the Body of the King.
Son and heir to Sir Robert Throckmorton of Coughton and his second wife, Katherine Marrow, daughter of Sir William, Lord Mayor of London. George was born about 1489 in Worcestershire. George was the first Throckmorton to have a seat at Parliament, and lived at Coughton Court. He was educated at Middle Temple, admitted 1 May 1505, succeeded his father in 1519, was knighted in 1523 and became the Justice of Peace of Warwickshire in 1510 until his death. George is best known for his involvement in the divorce between King Henry and his first wife Catherine of Aragon. He had a lengthy and political career, which can be found on the web.
George married Anna Katherine Vaux. (Anna Katherine Vaux was born in 1488 in Harrowden, Northhamtonshire, England, died in 1571 in Coughton Court, Warwickshire, England and was buried in Coughton, St. Peter Churchyard, Coughton, Warwickshire, England.)