Chaplain Willard Marion Chapman
- Born: 18 Jul 1927, Edison, Furnas County, Nebraska
- Died: 21 Feb 1989, Caldwell, Canyon County, Idaho at age 61
- Buried: Hillcrest Memorial Gardens, Caldwell, Canyon County, Idaho
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1930, Nebraska, Furnas County, Edison Village, District 9, Image 3 of 7. Age 2 9/12 yr.
• Obituary: Idaho Press-Tribune, 23 Feb 1989, Caldwell, Canyon County, Idaho. Chaplain Willard M. Chapman, 61, of Caldwell, died Tuesday, Feb. 21 1989, at the Caldwell hospital of natural causes. Mr. Chapman was born July 18, 1927, at Edison, Neb., to Jasper "Jack" and Lola Chapman. He attended school at Lexington, Neb., and married Julia Rhone Oct. 2, 1943. During World War II he served with the U.S. Army in the European Theater of Operations. In 1957 they came to Caldwell, where he was employed at Bale's Lumber Co. and later was co-owner of Chapman and Son's car dealership. Mr. Chapman's most-loved vocation was the ministry. Ordained in 1978, his ministerial teachings took him to Belize, Central America; where he made many friends among the natives. Many lives were touched during his five years of prison ministry until he was forced into retirement because of failing health. The avenues of his life made him the person he was \emdash loving son, brother, husband, father, grandfather, great-grandfather and friend.
Mr. Chapman is survived by his wife, Julia; two daughters and sons-in-law, Alice and Wayne Ennis of Boise and Susan and Vernon Smith of Caldwell; his mother, Lola Chapman of Caldwell; a brother and sister-in-law, Eugene and Virginia Chapman of New Plymouth; grandchildren Stacey and Armando Garza, Andrea Turner, Rebecca Smith and Teresa Miramontes; great-grandchildren Mary Alice, McKala Ann and Michael Anthony Garza and Shawna and Chelsea Turner; his foster children, Dee Dee, Christy, Cheryl, Christina, David and Carol; a foster child, Teresina, who lives in India; and several nieces and nephews. Mr. Chapman was preceded in death by his father, Jack Chapman.