- Born: 31 Jul 1870, Kentland, Newton County, Indiana, USA
- Died: 3 Aug 1923, Oxford, Furnas County, Nebraska at age 53
- Buried: Oxford Cemetery, Oxford, Harlan County, Nebraska
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1880, Nebraska, Furnas County, Lincoly Township, Image 1 of 7. Age 10 yrs., single, farmer.
• Obituary: Oxford, Furnas County, Nebraska. JOE QUINN
Joe Quinn was born in Indiana, July 31, 1870, and died in Oxford, Nebr., August 29, 1923 (headstone shows died 3 Aug 1923). When he was nine years old his parents moved to Furnas County, Nebr., and settled south of Oxford on the Beaver river.
Mr. Quinn was united in marriage to Dora Maggard, January 29, 1903, and to this union three children were born, Jesse, Cecille and Perry. He leaves to mourn his departure the three children and his wife, also three brothers, Tom Quinn of Oxford, Mike Quinn of Beaver City, and William Quinn of Sheldon, Ill.; and three sisters, Mrs. Ella Wagerman of Beaver City, Mrs. Maggie Maggard of Culbertson, and Mrs. Anna Berner of Oxford.
Mr. Quinn was baptized in the Catholic faith and maintained his faith to the last. His children are members of the Methodist Sunday school. He was industrious, kind hearted and helpful to all, and in his sickness was patient under severe suffering. He expressed great willingness to depart and be at rest when his end seemed near.
The funeral was held Thursday afternoon from the Methodist Church conducted by Dr. E. K. Bailey, and he was laid away in the Oxford cemetery.