Catherine Francis McCormick
- Born: 26 Oct 1860, Lafayette, Tippecanoe County, Indiana
- Marriage: William M. Quinn on 20 Jan 1881 in Kentland, Newton County, Indiana, USA
- Died: 18 Sep 1928, Sheldon, Iroquois County, Illinois at age 67
- Buried: 20 Sep 1928, Saint John the Baptist Cemetery, Earl Park, Benton County, Indiana
Noted events in her life were:
• Obituary, 1928, Iroquios County, Illiinois. Mrs. Wm. Quinn, a resident of the country south of Sheldon for the past 46 years, died at her home Tuesday morning at 4 o'clock. Mrs. Quinn had been in ill health for the past four years. She had suffered two strokes before the one which terminated fatally Tuesday morning.
In the passing of Mrs. Quinn the community loses one of its most highly respected citizens. She was of a quiet and retiring disposition, a person of few words, never given to gossip or causeless complaint, but always ready with a smile and a kind word for all. Her home, her husband and her family were her life, and on them she lavished all the love and devotion of her unselfish spirit.
Catherine McCormick was born October 26, 1859, near Lafayette, Ind. and spent her girlhood days at Reynolds, Ind. She was married to William Quinn, Jan. 20, 1881, at Kentland, Ind. For one year they made their home at Kentland, then moved to the farm south of Sheldon where she spent the remainder of her life, forty-six years.
She passed to her reward early Tuesday morning, Sept. 18, 1928 after four years of ill health. The immediate cause of her death was a stroke of paralysis which she suffered on Sunday afternoon.
She was the mother of thirteen children, five of whom preceded her to the better land, the eldest, Joseph died in infancy. Four children, Mary, Thomas, William and Ella were taken from the home in April, 1895, victims of the dreaded disease diphtheria. There are left to mourn her passing her husband and eight children, Margaret (Mrs. Arthur Naegle), John, Alice, Gertrude (Mrs. Oscar Schlotman), Leona (Mrs. Schyler Lamie), James, Anna (Mrs. Clarence Donohue) and George, all of the vicinity of Sheldon, also nineteen grandchildren and two sisters, Mrs. Jane Biddle of LaPorte, Ind. and Mrs. Alice Cahill of Fowler, Ind.
Mrs. Quinn was a devoted mother, a kind neighbor and a true Christian woman. She was a member of St. John, the Baptist Catholic Church and of the Rosary Society.
The funeral services were held at 9 o'clock Thursday morning at St. John the Baptist Church in Earl Park, Ind. conducted by Rev. Father Copenelle. Interment was made in the Earl Park cemetery.
Catherine married William M. Quinn, son of James William Quinn and Mary Bridget Burns, on 20 Jan 1881 in Kentland, Newton County, Indiana, USA. (William M. Quinn was born on 4 Apr 1859 in Lafatette, Tippecanoe County, Indiana, died on 1 Jun 1934 in Sheldon, Iroquois County, Illinois and was buried in Saint John the Baptist Cemetery, Earl Park, Benton County, Indiana.)