Anthony Balak Cridlebaugh
- Born: 28 Dec 1874, Centerville, Appanoose, Iowa, United States
- Marriage: Mary Jane Gilchriest on 30 Sep 1901 in Beaver City, Furnas County, Nebraska
- Died: 28 Nov 1957, Hollinger, Furnas, Nebraska, United States at age 82
- Buried: Union Cemetery, Beaver City, Furnas County, Nebraska
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1885, Nebraska State Census, Furnas County, Lincoly Precinct, Page 74 of 370. Age 10 yrs.
• Obituary, 1957, Furnas County, Nebraska. Anthony Balic Cridlebaugh, son of George and Nancy Cridlebaugh, was born December 28, 1874 at Centerville, Iowa and passed away at the Oxford hospital at Oxford, Nebraska on November 28, 1957, at the age of 82 years and 11 months.
He was brought in a covered wagon to Furnas County at the age of 4 months, living in the Furnas County the rest of his life.
He was married to Mary Jane Gilchrist, September 30, 1901. To this union were born three children, two sons and one daughter. One son preceded him in death. His survivors are his wife, his daughter, Mrs. Lloyd Van Matre of Otis, Colorado, his son, Merle Cridlebaugh of Akron, Colorado, one sister, Mrs. Lillie Quinn of Oberlin, Kansas, 13 grandchildren and 23 great-grandchildren. Also a host of other relatives and friends.
He was a kind and loving husband, father and grandfather and was highly thought of by all who knew him.
Funeral services were conducted Sunday afternoon, December 1st from the Christian Church in Beaver City. Reverend E. B. Kentfield, assisted by Mr. Albert Young, was in charge of the services.
Mrs. Marble, Mrs. Young and Mrs. Heidloff sang "Going Down the Valley", "Beyond the Sunset" and "Sweet By and By" and were accompanied at by Mrs. Mayo.
Interment was made in the Union Cemetery, east of Beaver City. Casketbearers, nephews of the deceased, were Robert Longsine, Jr., Richard Longsine, Cecil Weir, Emery Quinn, Floyd Quinn and Alonzo Quinn.
Hopping-Haase Funeral Home of Beaver City was in charge of the arrangements.
Anthony married Mary Jane Gilchriest on 30 Sep 1901 in Beaver City, Furnas County, Nebraska. (Mary Jane Gilchriest was born on 20 Sep 1883 in Medora, Warren County, Iowa, died on 12 Aug 1973 in Beaver City, Furnas County, Nebraska and was buried in Union Cemetery, Beaver City, Furnas County, Nebraska.)