Melvin Wayne Pate
- Born: 2 Jan 1942, Mankato, Jewell County, Kansas
- Marriage (1): Miyoko Yara on 8 Jun 1966 in Okinawa, Japan
- Marriage (2): Janet Priscilla (Landers) Brown on 28 Jan 1984 in Cheyenne, Wyoming
- Died: 11 Jun 2000, Serverance, Weld County, Colorado at age 58
- Buried: Esbon Cemetery, Esbon Township, Jewell County, Kansas
Noted events in his life were:
• Social Security Death Index, 11 Jun 2000, Severance, Weld County, Colorado.
Name: Melvin W. Pate
Last Residence: 80546 Severance, Weld, Colorado, United States of America
Born: 2 Jan 1942
Last Benefit: 80546 Severance, Weld, Colorado, United States of America
Died: 11 Jun 2000
State (Year) SSN issued: Nebraska (1956-1957)
• U.S. Veterans Gravesites, 11 Jun 2000, Esbon, Jewell County, Kansas. Name: Melvin Wayne Pate
Service Info.: SGT US MARINE CORPS VIETNAM
Birth Date: 2 Jan 1942
Death Date: 11 Jun 2000
Cemetery: Esbon Cemetery
Cemetery Address: Rr 1 109 S Depot Esbon, KS 66941
• Obituary: Jewell County, Record, 22 Jun 2000, Jewell County, Kansas. Melvin Pate
Melvin W. Pate, 58, died at home in Severance, Colo., June 11.
He was born on a Jewell County farm, Jan. 2,1942, to Josiah and Goldie
Mae (Ault) Pate. He graduated from Fairfield (Neb.) High School in 1960.
He enlisted in the U.S. Marines and served seven years. He was stationed
in San Diego, Calif., and Okinawa, and served two tours of duty in Vietnam.
On Okinawa in 1966, he married Miyoko Yara. From 1971 to 1993 he worked for Consolidated Freightweighs. He lived in North Platte, Cheyenne and Casper, Wyo., and Billings, Mont. He also worked for Loveland Feed and Grain from 1995 to 1996.
He married Janet P. (Landers) Brown, in 1984 at Cheyenne. They lived in Tahlequah, Okla., and Loveland, Colo., before moving to Severance, Colo., in 1998.
Survivors include his wife, Janet Pate; and two step-children, Teresa Wilkey and Travis Brown, both of Severance, Colo.; five-step grandchildren; and a sister, Joan Hawkins, Tahlequah, Okla.
Services were held Thursday at United Methodist Church, Esbon, with
Pastor Laura Flicker officiating. Burial was in the Esbon Cemetery. Melby
Mortuary, Mankato, was in charge of arrangements.
Melvin married Miyoko Yara on 8 Jun 1966 in Okinawa, Japan. (Miyoko Yara was born on 6 Jan 1924 in Okinawa, Japan and died on 29 Sep 2012 in Cheyenne, Laramie County, Wyoming.)
Melvin next married Janet Priscilla (Landers) Brown on 28 Jan 1984 in Cheyenne, Wyoming. (Janet Priscilla (Landers) Brown was born on 3 May 1945.)