Benjamin Franklin Bish
- Born: 30 Jul 1863, Scotland County, Missouri
- Marriage: Nellie E. Mozinga on 17 Mar 1886 in Memphis, Missouri
- Died: 25 Jun 1896, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado at age 32
- Buried: 28 Jun 1896, Evergreen Cemetery, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado
Noted events in his life were:
• Newspaper Article, Jun 1896, Colorado Springs, Colorado. Colorado Springs (Colorado) Police Department Officer Benjamin F. Bish was shot and killed on Thursday, June 25, 1896 while checking an alley in downtown Colorado Springs. During his check, he observed two men he believed to be burglarizing nearby businesses. Officer Bish found a revolver in one of the men's pockets and began to escort them out of the alley and towards the police station. The other man then pulled out a concealed handgun from under his coat and shot Officer Bish once in the chest. Although mortally wounded, Officer Bish was able to return fire while laying on the ground.
A posse was formed shortly after the incident to search for the suspects. One of the suspects had committed suicide shortly after the incident and the other was arrested and spent the rest of his life in jail.
Benjamin married Nellie E. Mozinga on 17 Mar 1886 in Memphis, Missouri.