Marcus Kilbourne Smith
- Born: 13 Mar 1834, Hancock County, Indiana
- Marriage: Rachel Ann White on 5 Mar 1857 in Henry County, Iowa
- Died: 15 Oct 1909, Henry County, Iowa at age 75
- Buried: Lambirth Cemetery, Henry County, Iowa
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1850, Iowa, Henry County, Tippecanoe Township, Image 8 of 20. Age 16 yrs., single, farming.
• Census, 1856, Iowa State Census Collection, Henry County, Tippecanoe Township, Image 14 of 34. Age 22 yrs., laborer.
• Obituary, 15 Oct 1909, Mount Pleasant Weekly News. Marcus Kilbourne Smith was the son of Abraham Smith of North Carolina and Eleanor Van Doren of Virginia. He was married to Rachel A. White on March 5, 1857 in Henry CO., Iowa.
Obituary of Marcus Smith from the Mt. Pleasant Weekly News, Oct. 15, 1909.
Old Resident Passed Away. Pioneer Resident of Township Dies at his Home Monday Morning.
Mark Smith, one of the oldest riesidents of this place died Monday morning after an illness dating back into Feburary. He was born in Hancock, Ind., March 13, 1831.
The funeral took place Wednesday and was largely attended.
The remains were interred in Lambert (sic) cemetery.
In 1857 he was united in marriage to Miss Rachel White. Ten children were born to them who are: Mrs. Ella Tilford, Salem; Mrs Emma Cheesum [sic Chezum], Stockport; Mrs. Josephine Garretson, Beaver, Nebraska, Mrs. Arminta Lawrence, Mt. Pleasant; Mrs. Lucy Watkins of Lockride; Mrs Martha Litton of Glwsgow; Antha Smith of Glasgow; Frank Smith of Stockport and Charles and George Smith of Lockridge.
Mr. Smith and family have resided near Lockridge for many years and a large circle of friends will deeply sympathize with the surviving relatives.
Marcus married Rachel Ann White on 5 Mar 1857 in Henry County, Iowa. (Rachel Ann White was born on 21 Jul 1841 in Jefferson County, Illinois, died on 16 Oct 1923 in Glasgow, Jefferson County, Iowa and was buried on 18 Oct 1923 in Lambrith Cemetery, Henry County, Iowa.)