James Austin Manning
- Born: 1825, Catahoula Parish, Louisiana
- Marriage: Eliza Jane Calliham on 17 Apr 1848 in Polk County, Texas
- Died: Abt 1870, Robertson County, Texas about age 45
- Buried: Manning Cemetery, Colita, Polk County, Texas
Noted events in his life were:
• General History, 1870, Robertson County, Texas.
James Manning was the son of Drury Manning and Rebecca Manning. He married Eliza Jane Calliham on 17 Apr 1848 in Polk County.
The Manning family had lived in Louisiana until 1846. They moved to Polk County and Drury Manning bought land on Kickapoo Creek in the northern part of the county.
James Manning served in the Civil War. He had malaria and suffered the effects for several years. After the war he moved his family to Hearne in Robertson County looking for work. He died there sometime before the 1870 census.
James married Eliza Jane Calliham on 17 Apr 1848 in Polk County, Texas. (Eliza Jane Calliham was born on 6 Jul 1831 in St. Landry Parish, Louisiana, died in 1887 in Colita, Polk County, Texas and was buried in Manning Cemetery, Colita, Polk County, Texas.)