Olof Leonard Blomstrom
- Born: 15 Dec 1834, Brunsberg Vermland, Sweden
- Marriage: Bertha Kapa Brunzell
- Died: 15 Jan 1916, Loomis, Phelps County, Nebraska at age 81
- Buried: Moses Hill Cemetery, Loomis, Phelps County, Nebraska
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1880, Nebraska, Phelps County Industry Precinct, Image 5 of 9. Age 45 yrs., widower, farmer.
• Census, 1885, Nebraska State Census, Phelps County, Centre Township, Image 179 of 477. Age 50 yrs., widow, farmer.
• Census, 1910, Nebraska, Phelps County, Holdreg City, Image 32 of 34. Age 75 yrs, roomer, widowed.
• Obituary, 20 Jan 1916. Olof Leonard Blomstrom was born Dec 15, 1834 in Brunsberg Vermlan, Sweden. He was married to Bertha Brunzell May 24, 1858. To this union was born 5 children, John Frederick, Hilda Johanna, Christiana Marie, Anna Leatine, and Charles Gustav. His wife died Nov 14, 1870.
Two of the children, John Frederick and Anna Leatina have preceeded him to the home beyond.
He came to America from Sweden in July 1870, and lived in Jacksonville, Ill. for 5 years. Some time was also spent in Rockford, and Moline, Ill.
With his family he moved to Phelps Co. in Feb 1879 and took a homestead on which he lived until ten years ago, when he moved to Holdrege.
He died Jan 15, 1916 at the age of 81 years and 1 month.
The funeral services were held at the Mission Church Monday, Jan. 18, conducted by Rev. Odd in the Swedish language and Rev. Goodwin in the English language. Interment was at Moses Hill Cemetery.
Mr. Blomstrom accepted Christ as his Savior thirty years ago and has lived and consecrated Christian life ever since.
Blessed re the dead that die is the Lord.
Olof married Bertha Kapa Brunzell. (Bertha Kapa Brunzell died on 14 Nov 1870 in Phelps County, Nebraska and was buried in Moses Hill Cemetery, Loomis, Phelps County, Nebraska.)