- Born: 1 Sep 1922, Edison, Furnas County, Nebraska
- Died: 30 Mar 2012, Laramie County, Wyoming at age 89
- Buried: Cremated, ashes given to family
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1930, Wyoming, Laramie County, District 10, Outside of Burns, Image 6 of 18. Age 7 yrs.
• Census, 1940, Wyoming, Laramie County, District 9, Image 6 of 12. Age 17 yrs., farm laborer, farm.
• Obituary, 2012. Kenneth Stevens Deselms, 89, of the Golden Prairie community (north of Burns, WY) died March 30 at home.
He was the oldest child born to Hugh and Bernice Deselms September 1, 1922 in Edison , NE. They moved to eastern Wyoming when he was five and lived in the general area all his life. Kenneth was a life-long farmer-rancher.
He married Norma Jean Sandberg on April 7, 1951 and he was a member of the Golden Prairie Baptist Church.
Kenny entered the Army in 1942 serving in the C Company Tank Destroyer Battalion. He served in World War II in the Pacific Theater and was awarded a Purple Heart. Kenny was honorable discharged on October 30, 1945.
Kenneth was preceded in death by his parents Bernice and Hugh Deselms and sister Margie Butler.
Memorial services will be held on Thursday, April 5 at 11 a.m. at Schrader Funeral Home with Pastor Andy Moore officiating. Cremation has taken place under the direction of Schrader Funeral Home.
Honorary pallbearers will be Kenny's grandchildren.
Friends may contribute to Golden Prairie Baptist Church, Albin Ambulance fund, or the charity of their choice.