Regene Elizabeth Nordberg
- Born: 7 Mar 1919, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, Minnesota, United States
- Marriage: Everett Roscoe Wray on 15 Jul 1945 in Michigan City, La Porte, Indiana, United States
- Died: 26 Mar 2010, South Bend, St Joseph County, Indiana, United States at age 91
- Buried: Highland Cemetery, South Bend, St. Joseph County, Indiana
Noted events in her life were:
• Census, 1940, Illinois, Vrmilioin County, Grant Township, Image 1 of 20. Age 25 yrs.
• Obituary, 28 Mar 2010, South Bend Tribune. REGENE E. (NORDBERG) WRAY, 91
March 7, 1919 - March 26, 2010
Regene E. Wray, 91, passed away at 2:32 p.m. Friday, March 26, 2010, in Memorial Hospital. Regene was born on March 7, 1919, in Minneapolis, MN, to V. Emil and Elizabeth (Barrie) Nordberg. She retired in 1984 from Memorial Hospital where she had been employed for 25 years. Mrs. Wray was a member of St. Matthew Cathedral, its Altar & Rosary Society and the Memorial Hospital Retirees.
On July 15, 1945, in Michigan City, she married Everette R. Wray, who died on April 28, 1989. She was also preceded in death by her sister, Marjorie Petersen.
Surviving are a daughter, Beverly (Fred) Von Holt of Palmetto, FL; six sons, Lyle T. (Sherry) Wray of Racine, WI, Douglas B. (Pam) Wray of Indianapolis, Steven C. (Debbie) Wray of North Liberty, Phillip A. Wray and James G. (Debra) Wray, both of South Bend, and Gerald E. (Nancy) Wray of Mishawaka; 17 grandchildren and 24 great-grandchildren; a brother, James B. (Stephanie) Nordberg of Laurel, MD; and a close friend, Virginia Schaal.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, March 30, 2010, in St. Matthew Cathedral. Entombment will follow at Highland Cemetery. Family and friends may call from 4-8 Monday in the Zahoran Funeral Home, 1826 S. Kemble Avenue, where a Rosary will be recited at 4:30 p.m. Memorial contributions may be made to the American Heart Association .
Regene married Everett Roscoe Wray, son of Arthur Roscoe Wray and Jennie Marsh Gunn, on 15 Jul 1945 in Michigan City, La Porte, Indiana, United States. (Everett Roscoe Wray was born on 9 Aug 1914 in Hoopeston, Vermilion County, Illinois, died on 28 Apr 1989 in South Bend, St Joseph County, Indiana, United States and was buried in Highland Cemetery, South Bend, St. Joseph County, Indiana.)