- Born: 9 Jun 1822, Washington, Scioto County, Ohio
- Marriage: Marie E. Williams
- Died: 18 Nov 1888, McConnell, Stephenson County, Ilinois at age 66
- Buried: Robey Wait Cemetery, McConnell, Stephenson County, Illinois
Noted events in his life were:
• Census, 1870, Illinois, Stephenson County, Waddams Township, Image 4 of 34. Age 47 yrs., farmer.
• Census, 1880, Illinois, Stephenson County, Waddams Township, Image 3 of 30. Age 57 yrs., works on farm.
• Obituary, 18 Nov 1887, Freeport Weekly Democrat. Another Old Settler Gone
Mr. Asa Waite, who resided two and one-half miles northwest of McConnells Grove, died Sunday evening, after an illness of about two days. On Saturday Mr. Waite started for Lena with a load of grain, but was taken sick on the road and stopped at the house of John Gould, about four miles north of Lena, and Dr. Stiver, of Lena, summoned. We understand that he waken home on Sunday, but died during the night. In 1836 Asa Waite and his brother Nelson Waite, came to Stephenson County, and made their home near the present farm of Mr. Waite, on the banks of the Pecatonica, about one mile above the present site of S.K. Fisher's mill. Mr. Waite steadily labored on the farm he took possession of in "36". Uncle Levi Robey was and has always been a near neighbor. Mr. Waite has always borne an honorable name in the community where he lived as an upright, honest and faithful citizen. The old settlers of Stephenson County will be grieved to hear of his sudden and unexpected death. He leaves a wife and several children. He was about 70 years of age.
Asa married Marie E. Williams. (Marie E. Williams was born in Oct 1843 in Galena, Illinois and died in Danville, Vermilion County, Illinois, United States.)