Emmet Lee Pickinpaugh
- Born: 22 May 1911, Palco Rooks County, Kansas
- Marriage: Florence Maxine Dieckmann on 13 Apr 1941 in Hastings, Adams County, Nebraska
- Died: 17 Feb 1979, Aurora, Hamilton County, Nebraska at age 67
- Buried: Aurora Cemetery, Aurora, Hamilton County, Nebraska
Noted events in his life were:
• Obituary, Feb 1979, Aurora, Hamilton County, Nebraska. Emmett L. Pickinpaugh, the son of Ira and Mabel Lee Pickinpaugh, was born May 22, 1911 at Palco, Kansas. His death occurred at Aurora, Nebraska, on February 17, 1979, following a lingering illness of several months. He was 67 years 8 months and 25 days of age.
He spent his boyhood in the vicinity of Palco, where he attended High School. As a young man, he came to Hastings, Nebraska.
On April 13, 1941 he was united in marriage to Florence Dieckmann at Hastings. From May of 1942 until his discharge in August of 1943, he served in the United States Army. On his return, they farmed near Giltner, until 1958, when they moved to Aurora. For several years he was employed as a salesman of Stan Allen Motors, until his health forced his retirement.
Emmett was a member of the Assembly of God Church in Aurora and was active in the affairs of the church. He was also, a member of the Lester S. Harter Post of the American Legion.
Preceding him in death were his parents; a granddaughter, Laura Jean Pickinpaugh; three brothers, Hubert, Eldon and infant brother, Shelby and two sisters Mrs. Daisy Griggs and Bertha Pickinpaugh.
His survivors include his wife, Florence; one son, Roger of Columbus, Nebraska; one daughter Mrs. Linda Gray of Lincoln; two brothers, Harold of Hastings, Nebraska and Wayne of Seattle, Washington; three sisters Mrs. Flossie McKillip of LaMesa, California, Mrs. Elain Oler and Mrs. Ruby Dieckmann both of Aurora and six grandchildren, several nieces and nephews and other relatives and close friends.
• Social Security Death Index, Feb 1979, Aurora, Hamilton County, Nebraska.
Name: Emmet Pickinpaugh
Last Residence: 68818 Aurora, Hamilton, Nebraska, United States of America Born: 22 May 1911
Died: Feb 1979 State (Year)
SSN issued: Nebraska (Before 1951)
Emmet married Florence Maxine Dieckmann on 13 Apr 1941 in Hastings, Adams County, Nebraska. (Florence Maxine Dieckmann was born on 12 Apr 1919 in Giltner, Hamilton County, Nebraska, died on 30 Dec 2000 in Aurora, Hamilton County, Nebraska and was buried on 3 Jan 2001 in Aurora, Hamilton County, Nebraska Plot: Section 17-A, Lot 165.)