Major Frederick Wise
- Born: 7 Oct 1753, Carrol County, Maryland
- Marriage: Catherine Rinehart in 1782 in Washington County, Pennsylvania
- Died: 11 May 1793, Fredericktown, Washington County, Pennsylvania at age 39
- Buried: Wise Cenetery, Fairfield, Washington County, Pennsylvania
Noted events in his life were:
• General History: Fredericktown, Washington County, Pennsylvania. Frederick was the founder of Fredericktown, Pennsylvania. During the Revolutionary War he served and became a Major.
For his service he received bounty land from the government. On 13 Mar 1790 he patented this land. Part of the land became present day Fredericktown, PA.
Frederick was one of seven children of Johann Adam and Maria Elizabeth (Graff) Weiss. In the late 1740s his parents and oldest sibling Andreas left Gross-Winterheim, Rheinhessen, Germany for America.
After the war in 1782 Frederick married Katherine Rinehart. The couple lived the rest of their lives in Washington County, Pennsylvania.
Frederick married Catherine Rinehart in 1782 in Washington County, Pennsylvania. (Catherine Rinehart was born in 1759 in Washington County, Pennsysvania and died in 1845 in Steubenville, Jefferson County, Ohio.)