Patricia Marguerite Irby
- Born: 16 Aug 1898, Union County, Arkansas
- Marriage: Dr. James Valdemar "JV". Gunn on 25 Mar 1934 in Hot Springs, Garland County, Arkansas
- Died: 2 Feb 1968, Pulaski County, Arkansas at age 69
- Buried: Pinecrest Memorial Park and Garden Mausoleu, Alexander, Saline County, Arkansas
Noted events in her life were:
• Obituary, Feb 1968, Pulaski County, Arkansas. Patricia Gunn was the youngest of 9 children of John William Harris Irby and Cleopatra Beachum Irby. On March 7, 1934, she married J.V. Gunn who became a dentist. They eventually made their home in Little Rock, Arkansas. They were the parents of two children.
Her niece, Anna Bess, remembers, "When we were children, Aunt Pat and (her sister) Aunt Anne always came to Grandma and Grandpa's house on the Magnolia Road on Christmas Eve bringing presents for every child, plus fruit, candy and nuts. They brought fireworks\emdash sparklers, Roman candles and pinwheels."
Pat became a dietician for the Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs, and later a college professor and head of the Home Economics department at Ouachita Baptist College in Arkadelphia (Arkansas). Her nieces, Anna Bess and Wilsilee majored in Home Economics Education and studied under Aunt Pat. Anna Bess said, "She taught me to sew; we made my school clothes every summer (for the upcoming school year). She would buy (fabric) remnants and use some of her clothes that she wasn't wearing. She and I made me a suit from (her husband) J.V.'s tuxedo. It had black pants that we used for the skirt, and a striped coat. The tuxedo had tails so we made my suit with a peplum in the back. I wore the suit a lot; it really was an attractive outfit. She was very clever and was always thinking of ways to solve problems and meet needs. She used to come to get us in (her brother) Uncle Frank's Buick and we would ride in the 'rumble seat.'"
Patricia married Dr. James Valdemar "JV". Gunn, son of John William "Willie" Gunn and Julia Adaline Ingram, on 25 Mar 1934 in Hot Springs, Garland County, Arkansas. (Dr. James Valdemar "JV". Gunn was born on 2 Feb 1911 in Earl, Crittenden County, Arkansas, died on 11 Dec 1966 in Hot Springs, Garland County, Arkansas and was buried in Pinecrest Memorial Park and Garden Mausoleu, Alexander, Saline County, Arkansas.)