Walter William Irby
- Born: 10 Feb 1883, Wadesboro, Anson County, North Carolina
- Marriage: Geneva Dell Owens
- Died: 12 May 1963, Camden, Ouachita County, Arkansas at age 80
- Buried: Hopewell Cemetery, Uniion County, Arkansas
Noted events in his life were:
• Obituary, May 1963, Camden, Ouachita County, Arkansas. Walter William Irby was the third of nine children born to John William Harris "Bill" Irby (1856-1934) and his wife Cleopatra "Patra" Beachum (1861-1931). His paternal grandparents were James Hogan Irby and his wife Mahala Ann Griffin, of Union Co., NC; and his maternal grandparents were Jeremiah Washington Beachum and his wife Mary Jane Taylor, of Anson Co., NC.
Walter was born in Wadesboro, Anson Co., NC, where his parents had a hotel. They moved to Arkansas in 1890, and settled on a large farm. According to a history of the Irby family sent to me by Gary Stegall, "Walter left home at age 16 to work on the railroad, but got sick and came home after a couple of years. He had saved his money, perhaps to attend school or to buy a farm or a business, but he loaned it to Frank to help him with his education." (Walter's older brother Franklin Lorenzo Irby, 1881-1968, became a doctor, and eventually owned a hospital in El Dorado, Arkansas.)
Walter married Geneva Dell "Neva" Owens (1891-1971). They eventually divorced and she remarried, but he never did. Walter and Geneva had eight children: William Dorrace Irby (1914 \endash 1969), Wilsie Lee Irby (1920 \endash 2008), Owen Rudolph Irby (1923 \endash 1998), James Neil Irby (1924 \endash 1988), Dorothy Irby (1926 \endash ), Jesse Delmon "Sonny" Irby (1929 \endash 1998), Wallace Weldon Irby (1932 \endash 1934) and Donald Eugene Irby (1935 \endash 1943).
Walter married Geneva Dell Owens. (Geneva Dell Owens was born on 10 Oct 1891 in Atlanta, Columbia County, Arkansas, died on 13 Oct 1971 in San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas and was buried in Memorial Park Cemetery, Camden, Ouachita County, Arkansas.)