Cleo Bessie Irby
- Born: 5 Oct 1893, Union County, Arkansas
- Marriage: Jesse Clyde Stegall on 20 Oct 1912 in Union County, Arkansas
- Died: 25 Jul 1979, Union County, Arkansas at age 85
- Buried: Hopewell Cemetery, Uniion County, Arkansas
Noted events in her life were:
• Obituary, Jul 1979, Union County, Arkansas. Cleo Bessie Irby was the seventh of nine children born to John William Harris "Bill" Irby (1856-1934) and his wife Cleopatra "Patra" Beachum (1861-1931). She was born on her mother's 32nd birthday. Her paternal grandparents were James Hogan Irby and his wife Mahala Ann Griffin, of Union Co., NC; and her maternal grandparents were Jeremiah Washington Beachum and his wife Mary Jane Taylor, of Anson Co., NC. Cleo Bessie was born a few years after the family had moved from Anson Co., NC to Union Co., Arkansas.
Cleo Bessie married Jesse Clyde Stegall (22 March 1880-18 Aug. 1959) and they had nine children:
Bevis Wayne Stegall (13 Jan. 1912-10 March 1913)
Wilson Irby Stegall (29 June 1916-25 Nov. 1973) married Lillian Owens, 2nd Louise Scrimshire, there were two children of the first marriage, and one of the second.
Anna Bess Stegall (27 Oct. 1918-7 Dec. 2010) married Faunt Biscoe Smith, Sr., and they had three children. Anna Bess was the last surviving child.
Jerry Maurice Stegall (21 Feb. 1921-18 Dec. 1988) married Nell Bowlin, and they had three children.
George Maxwell Stegall (4 April 1923-22 March 1988) married Betty Harrell, lived in Orange, Texas. They had two children.
Arnold Doyle Stegall (16 Nov. 1925-20 June 1985) married Hazel Taylor, and they had five children.
Mary Ann Stegall (5 Oct. 1928-15 Feb. 2005) married William Marvin Rowland, Jr., and they had six children.
Helen Janice Stegall (27 March 1931-13 July 2009) married twice, 1st. Edward Michael Freyer, and 2nd to Lester Glenn Welch. There were two children of the first marriage.
Alice Nell Stegall (17 March 1934-29 Jan. 1999) m. Linus Calvin "Lynn" Leach, and they had one child.
Cleo married Jesse Clyde Stegall on 20 Oct 1912 in Union County, Arkansas. (Jesse Clyde Stegall was born on 22 Mar 1880 in Uniion County, North Carolina, died on 18 Aug 1959 in Union County, Arkansas and was buried in Hopewell Cemetery, Uniion County, Arkansas.)