Ronald Eugene Gendre
- Born: 1 Jul 1949, Westmoreland, Pottawatomie County, Kansas
- Marriage: Carolyn Pearl Diers on 9 Jun 1973 in Concordia, Kansas
- Died: 31 Jul 2014, Concordia, Cloud County, Kansas at age 65
- Buried: 5 Aug 2014, Greenwood Union Cemetery, Hunter, Mitchell County, Kansas
Noted events in his life were:
• Obituary, 2014. Ron Gendre, age 65, of Concordia, died Thurs., July 31, 2014 at his home surrounded by his family. He was born on July 1, 1949 in Westmoreland, KS to Paul & Lois (Myers) Gendre, Jr. Ron attended Riley Co. grade schools and graduated from Clay Center. He served in the US Army from 1969-1971 during the Vietnam conflict. He married Carolyn Diers on June 9, 1973 in Concordia. Ron worked at Bombardier, formerly Gates-Learjet in Wichita as an avionics technician. Ron & Carolyn returned to Concordia to take care of family and Ron worked in electrical maintenance at Alstom Power & Pre-Heater. He attended the Concordia Wesleyan Church.
He is survived by his wife, Carolyn, Concordia; son Joseph Gendre, Oswego; daughters, Valerie Bond & hus. Dan, Hector, NY & Abigail Ganton & hus. Donald, Hector, NY; brother, Jon Gendre, Blaine, KS; grandchildren, Chance Gendre, Kali & Gavin Bond & Dominick Ganton.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
It was Ron's wishes to be cremated and Memorial services will be held at 11:00 am, Tues, Aug. 5, 2014 at the Concordia Wesleyan Church with Rev. David Redmond & Pastor Bob Burns officiating. The family will greet friends for an hour prior to the services at the church. Military honors will be provided at the church by American Legion Post #76 & VFW Post # 588. Private family burial will be at a later date at Greenwood Union Cemetery, Hunter, KS. Friends may sign the register book from 8 am to 5 pm on Mon, Aug. 4, 2014 at Chaput-Buoy Funeral Home. The family suggests memorials to Concordia Wesleyan Church Missions or Meadowlark Hospice in care of the funeral home.
Ronald married Carolyn Pearl Diers, daughter of Richard Frederick Diers and Edna Pearl Ault, on 9 Jun 1973 in Concordia, Kansas. (Carolyn Pearl Diers was born on 29 Jan 1952 in Beloit, Mitchell County, Kansas.)