- Born: 30 Apr 1786, Pennsylvaina
- Marriage: Hannah Cleaver in 1817 in Bentleyville, Washington County, Pennsylvania
- Died: 27 Jul 1866, Bentleyville, Washington County, Pennsylvania at age 80
- Buried: Bentley Cemetery, Bentleyville, Washington County, Pennsylvania
Noted events in his life were:
• General History: Bentleyville, Washington County, Pennsylvania. "Sheshbazzar Bentley Jr. was born on April 30, 1786 in a hewed log cabin on what is now the Bertovich farm (Hilcrest Dairy). When his father's estate was divided among his children, Sheshbazzar made plans for the first sale of lots for a town. .....Thirteen of the fifty-four lots put up for sale were sold."
"The next year tragedy struck the Bentley family when his wife of eight years, Elizabeth Moore Bentley, died and was buried with her infant daughter in the family cemetery near the old home on the hill. Soon after the death of Elizabeth, Sheshbazzar was married to a young Quaker widow Hannah Cleaver Kenworthy, a remarkable woman who was a force for good in the community."
"Mr. Bentley was appointed Justice of the Peace in 1819, and his name is found on many important documents. He and James Rainey served as overseers of the poor of Somerset Townchip. His town was named for him, and many young lads were named Sheshbazzar."
Sheshbazzar married Hannah Cleaver, daughter of John Cleaver and Susannah Everett, in 1817 in Bentleyville, Washington County, Pennsylvania. (Hannah Cleaver was born on 20 Jun 1791 in Warrington, York County, Pennsylvania, died on 27 Apr 1874 in Bentleysville, Washington County, Pennsylvania and was buried in Bentley Cemetery, Bentleyville, Washington County, Pennsylvania.)