Carol Lavern Stamm
- Born: 12 Apr 1924, McConnell, Stephenson County, Ilinois
- Marriage: Clarence Miller Barker on 6 Jul 1946 in Winslow Township, Stephenson County, Illinois
- Died: 24 Jan 2010, Monroe, Green County, Wisconsin at age 85
- Buried: Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens, Freeport, Stephenson County, Illinois
Noted events in her life were:
• Obituary: The Journal-Standard, Jan 2010, Freeport, Stephenson County, Ilinois. Carol L. Barker, 85, of McConnell passed away Sunday, Jan. 24, 2010, surrounded by her family at Monroe Clinic and Hospital in Monroe, Wis.
She was born April 12, 1924, in McConnell to Milford W. and Elta May (Lestikow) Stamm. Carol married Clarence Barker on July 6, 1946, in Winslow. They were married for 63 wonderful years.
Carol was a member of McConnell United Methodist Church, Ladies Auxiliary of McConnell American Legion Post 1225, McConnell Stephenson County Home Extension Unit, and the United Methodist Women's Group.
She enjoyed visiting with her family, friends and playing cards.
Carol is survived by her husband Clarence; three daughters, Connie Payette of Eagan, Minn., Cheryl (Glenn) Rankin of Milford, Ohio, and Cynthia (Forrest) Miller of Troutdale, Ore.; 10 grandchildren, Andre (Rachel) and Daniel (Jennifer) Payette, Jeremy, Jonathan, Jared (Angela), Justin and Amanda Rankin, Angela (Brian) Williams and Caitlyn and Hailey Miller; four great-grandchildren, Nolan, Payton, Olivia and Madison; three sisters, Donna (Willard) Runte of Forreston, Glenda Carter of Rockford and Theo (Larry) Harrenstein of Freeport; two brothers, Laverne (Helen) Stamm of Shannon and Gary (Lorine) Stamm of Forreston.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a sister, Gayle Babcock; and a granddaughter-in-law, Meredith Rankin.
The funeral will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 27, at McConnell United Methodist Church. Officiating will be Ernie Stabenow. Burial will take place at Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens in Freeport.
Visitation will be from 10 to 11 a.m. Wednesday prior to the funeral service at McConnell United Methodist Church.
In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established in her name.
Carol married Clarence Miller Barker, son of Clarence Elmo Barker and Irene Sara Miller, on 6 Jul 1946 in Winslow Township, Stephenson County, Illinois. (Clarence Miller Barker was born on 3 Nov 1924 in Buckeye Township, Stephenson County, Illinois, died on 11 Apr 2010 in Lena, Stephenson County, Illinois and was buried in Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens, Freeport, Stephenson County, Illinois.)