Hannah Morgan Boone
- Born: 24 Aug 1746, Exeter, Berks County, Pennsylvania
- Marriage (1): Richard Pennington on 15 May 1777 in Salisbury, Rowan County, North Carolina
- Marriage (2): John Stewart on 14 Feb 1765 in Yadkin, Rowan County, North Carolina
- Died: 9 Apr 1828, Tompkinville, Monroe County, Kentucky at age 81
- Buried: Old Mulkey Church Cemetery, Tompkinsville, Monroe County, Kentucky
Noted events in her life were:
• General History. Sister of Daniel Boone. Hannah Boone was born in Exeter Twp., Berks Co., PA, the daughter of Squire Boone and Sarah Morgan; the youngest sister of Daniel Boone.
She married 14 Feb 1765 in Yadkin Dist., Rowan Co., NC, (1) John Stewart b. 1744 in KY who was killed while on an expedition ot KY with Daniel Boone; they had 4 children all born in Rowan Co., NC: (1) Sarah "Sally" b. 1765 who married John Osborn; (2) Mary "Polly" b. 1766 who married Solomon Osborn; (3) Rachel b. 1768 who married James King; and (4) Ann Elizabeth Stewart b. 25 Feb 1770 who married James Lewis.
She married on 15 May 1777 in Yadkin Dist., Rowan Co., NC, (2) Richard Pennington b. 12 Dec 1748 in PA, d. 21 Dec. 1813 in Sparta, White Co., TN, son of Ephriam Pennington; they had the following 4 children: (1) Joshua P. b. 23 Feb 1778 in Rowan Co., NC, d. abt 1868 in McMinnville, Warren Co., TN; (2) Daniel Boone b. 3 Dec 1781 in Montgomery Co., VA, d. 2 Feb 1865 in Clay Co., TN; (3) John Stewart b. 10 Jun 1784 in Montgomery Co., VA, d. 20 Sep 1859 in McDonough Co, IL; and (4) Abigail Pennington b. 27 Jan 1787 in Montgomery Co., VA, d. before 1840 in Jackson Co., AL.
They lived in Montgomery Co., VA, 1792 in what is now Grayson Co., VA, and in 1790 in Wilkes Co., NC. They moved from Wilkes Co., NC, to KY on the 7 Aug 1797, settling on the Little North Elkhorn River, 9 miles from Lexington. From there, they moved south of the Green River to Barren (now Monroe) Co., KY. They settled on Line Creek near the present day hamlet of Gamaliel, Monroe Co., KY. They moved to White Co., TN, where Richard died; Hannah then moved back to Monroe Co. and lived the rest of her life at the home of her son, Daniel Pennington near Old Mill Creek Church.
Hannah married Richard Pennington on 15 May 1777 in Salisbury, Rowan County, North Carolina. (Richard Pennington was born on 21 Dec 1748 in Salisbury, Rowan County, North Carolina, died on 21 Dec 1813 in Sparta, White County, Tennessee and was buried in Bethlehem Cemetery, White County, Tennessee.)
Hannah next married John Stewart on 14 Feb 1765 in Yadkin, Rowan County, North Carolina. (John Stewart was born on 16 May 1746 in Exeter, Berks County, Pennsylvania and died in Feb 1771 in Morgan County, Kentucky.)