Mary Jane Gilchriest
- Born: 20 Sep 1883, Medora, Warren County, Iowa
- Marriage: Anthony Balak Cridlebaugh on 30 Sep 1901 in Beaver City, Furnas County, Nebraska
- Died: 12 Aug 1973, Beaver City, Furnas County, Nebraska at age 89
- Buried: Union Cemetery, Beaver City, Furnas County, Nebraska
Noted events in her life were:
• Obituary, 1973, Furnas County, Nebraska. Mary Jane Cridlebaugh, daughter of Scott and Mary Jane Nicholson Gilchrist, was born September 20, 1883 and passed away on August 12, 1973 at the age of 89 years.
She was raised on a farm near Beaver City. It was here that she met and married Balic Cridlebaugh on September 30, 1901. To this union there children were born: a son who died at birth, a son, Merle, and a daughter, Grace.
Dane lived most of her life here in Furnas County. As a young girl she joined the Presbyterian Church.
Her husband, Balic, passed away in 1957.
She is survived by her son Merle of Golden, Colorado, daughter, Grace VanMatre of Grand Junction, Colorado; two sisters, Mrs. Howard Montonye of Beaver City and Grace Goosic of Nevada, Iowa; two brothers, George and Ted Gilchrist of Bridgeport; 15 grandchildren, 43 great-grandchildren, 26 great-great-grandchildren, other relatives and friends.
Funeral services were conducted from the First United Presbyterian Church on August 15 with Rev. Jack Dixon officiating. The music was furnished by Mrs. Russell Leonard, accompanied by Mrs. Ferril Dillin at the organ.
Casketbearers were Carl Mullis, Lee Hunt, Merle Hunt, Lowell Hall, Loren Hewett and Russell Ellrod.
Interment was made in the family plot in the Union Cemetery with the arrangements by the Hopping-Haase Funeral Home in Beaver City.
Mary married Anthony Balak Cridlebaugh, son of George Cridlebaugh and Nancy Hannah Pennington, on 30 Sep 1901 in Beaver City, Furnas County, Nebraska. (Anthony Balak Cridlebaugh was born on 28 Dec 1874 in Centerville, Appanoose, Iowa, United States, died on 28 Nov 1957 in Hollinger, Furnas, Nebraska, United States and was buried in Union Cemetery, Beaver City, Furnas County, Nebraska.)