Alfred Lloyd Flower
- Born: 24 Mar 1899, Kansas City, Clay County, Missouri
- Marriage: Alice Ruth Young on 18 Jul 1920 in Nelson, Nuckolls County, Nebraska
- Died: 13 Apr 1975, Lincoln, Johnson County, Nebraska at age 76
- Buried: Nelson Cemetery, Nelson, Nuckolls County, Nebraska
Noted events in his life were:
• Obituary: The Nelson Gazette, 24 Apr 1975, Nelson, Nuckolls County, Nebraska. Alfred L. Flower was born March 24, 1899, in Kansas City, Missouri, as one of nine children to William K. and Mary Flower. He passed away April 13, 1975, in the hospital in Lincoln, Nebraska, at the age of 76 years.
He moved to Nebraska as a youth and has lived most of his life in Nelson. He served in the army during the First World War and has since been a member of World War I Vets, the VFW and American Legion and served as District Commander of VFW.
July 18, 1920, Mr. Flower was married to Alice Ruth Young at Nelson. To this union 3 children were born, Bonnie, Richard and Alfred Jr.
Rusty as he was known, worked as a Postal Clerk in Nelson for many years. He was a member of the Nelson Presbyterian Church.
He was preceded in death by his parents; 8 brothers and sisters and a son, Alfred Jr., who was lost at sea in 1944 when his plane went down during World War II.
Survivors are his widow, Alice; a daughter, Mrs. Leslie Jensen of Superior; a son, Richard of North Platte; 5 grandchildren and a great grandchild.
Funeral services were at the Nelson First Presbyterian Church Wednesday, April 16, 1975 at 2:00 p.m. Pastor Victor Schwarz officiated. Military rites and burial were at the Nelson Cemetery. Arrangements were by Klawitter Funeral home (sic) in Nelson. Esther Wehrman accompanied Diane Collins as she sang "Till A Storm Passes By". Casketbearers were Jim Bargen, Harlan Zimmerman, Jim Mazour, George Cowsky, Ralph Chapman, Jake Chapman.
Alfred married Alice Ruth Young, daughter of Charles Raymond Young and Mable Carolyn Richart, on 18 Jul 1920 in Nelson, Nuckolls County, Nebraska. (Alice Ruth Young was born on 11 Jul 1902 in Elroy, Illinois, died on 24 Jan 1980 in Nelson, Nuckolls County, Nebraska and was buried in Nelson Cemetery, Nelson, Nuckolls County, Nebraska.)